But... who are these people???

Can be split up once there are more posts.
(lounge / effects / amps / vintage / ???)

Re: But... who are these people???

Postby Graham » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:34 pm

I'm Graham. :mrgreen:

Live on a tiny island community of 1500 six miles off the French coast

Into the old stuff - Well it wasn't old when I first started!

Recently paid the dubious complement in feedback on one of my sites being told "wish I had a grandad like you!" Have to admit to mixed feelings on that one and have yet to get any real ones!

However been playing for 50 years - badly particularly as I rather awkwardly mislaid my LH ring finger along the way!! You can find the odd demo of mine if you dig about

Recently heavily into early AC4 & 10's. But have been hugely into every aspect of early valve (notice the proper word guys!) amps since my late teens. As with Chris above have had to downsize so only kept a few favourite plexis otherwise mostly sub ten watts these past ten years (they take up lots less room - until you pass 100 :( so to the pedals as Sir HC.....

Rather unfortunately these past few years, with something close to a thousand pedals (and whatever old amps & guitars I can fit in) its a rarity to find a pedal I'm missing or don't already have - and I have been extremely disciplined in sticking to my own areas of interest!!- Although I have a smattering of modulation or other effects types and have built up collections of one or two brands (Colorsound, Top Gear to name a couple of faves) if I wandered off-piste it would soon bankrupt me (or speed a divorce!)

Mostly I stick to Fuzz and related stuff from before the end of the 70's, really the '65 - '75 decade is where it all happened for me. I am a fan of one or two modern builders - one friend mostly whose work I hold in the absolute highest regard, otherwise that's it for me!!

Have had the highest regard for Bart for many years now and of course know many of the above folks
HELLO GUYS!

Don't really get that involved on forums any more though used to once.

Hopefully the following won't come over as too indulgent or boring

Have been entangling myself deeper and deeper into the rabbit hole of Fuzz History with the intention of eventually producing a book on the History of early British fuzz and its impact on the musical scene of the 60's & 70's. using the wonderful Vox book by Jim Elyea as the "bar" I'm trying to match. In my case though it has to include an online element to handle media - demos interviews performances - BIG JOB AHEAD - Bart has been an enormous help!!

Occasionally I remember the login of my YouTube or "Rambling Place" (can't really call it a blog :oops: ) at Decadeoffuzz.com and load something or other up (got a piece on early ac10's to put on next) -I keep promising (myself) to get more serious about that and have amassed several thousand pages of rough "research" and examples of the pedals to underpin it.

Along the way I have met and made friends with all manner of weird and wonderfully exotic folks from every corner of the world - their stories really should be brought together - there is just so very much information that is in danger of being lost as many of the old guys (and a few gals) leave this mortal coil for the great gig in the sky. It makes me hurt seeing their stories and experiences lost.

So just as Bart works selflessly to bring together as many of the current (and older where he can) guys stories together on his sites, I would hope to give a platform for the originators and old timers.

Cataloguing my own collection would be an interesting exercise and I have had plenty of friends say I should stick to that - to me it would seem a bit self indulgent as I would far rather share and get the history out there than show off with a "Vanity Project". So I have spent years amassing the pedals so I can do it from the gear itself rather than rely only on other people's thinking! Not that I want to rubbish or disrespect other peoples work, many friends have produced fantastic printed & web based resources and hopefully i have helped some along the way? Nor am I saying I have every variant of early pedal - despite my greatest efforts - and where a few still elude me I know where I can access them and have promises from owners / friends to help out. I have also spent almost as much time getting interviews demos etc stashed away. That is where the "treasure" sits :)

There is also simply so much misinformation out there that once used to really annoy me - but now has subsided to a mild background ache (like a tooth just starting to blow up) - My main aim for a lot of years now has been to put as much of the truth out there as possible. The Internet is a wonderful resource but once something gets posted it never goes away. You'd have to trawl through my "decade" grumblings to discover how I feel about that - lets call it memes (self replicating information) and how people so readily accept facts without checking.

As i promised Bart I will try to get more engaged here - many of the things that have kept me tied up elsewhere for the last 4 or 5 years are now pretty much past and Im really keen to get the project fired up again. I am always pleased to talk to folks about my passions for the old stuff. No doubt there are far more knowledgeable people than I - in particular when it comes to technical knowledge - and eventually I plan on putting a technical description against each and every pedal I have. One or two already posted above have already helped BUT be warned. I will come calling for more :mrgreen: if I don't get a move on I will join the others already mentioned as jamming on high!!

Sorry for a bit of a ramble - I'm (almost) old enough to be someone's grandad - So Humour Me :)

Cheers

G :mrgreen:
Graham

Postby redeyeflight » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:19 pm

Greetings everyone. Dan here. I play and teach music in sunny (cough) Seattle Washington USA. I've been collecting pedals seriously for probably about 5 years now and I enjoy using them as much as I do playing them. Bart's site has been a gigantic help to me over the years in identifying, finding, and discovering various effects. His work on the internet is invaluable! Happy to be a part of the forum here!
redeyeflight

Postby rom » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:47 pm

I used to be known in the old circles as Pedalman, those of you who are old enough will know who I was :)
now who I am today: an old fart with too much knowledge and time on his hands, that can't seem to stay too far away from Pedals !

kisses to Grant and Bart :)
rom

Postby EffectsDatabase » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:15 pm

rom wrote:I used to be known in the old circles as Pedalman, those of you who are old enough will know who I was :)
now who I am today: an old fart with too much knowledge and time on his hands, that can't seem to stay too far away from Pedals !

Your knowledge is very welcome here! :-)
EffectsDatabase
Site Admin

Postby CandyappleKate » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:36 am

Hi. I'm Kate from London, and it would appear I have landed at the right place.

I am helping to identify and list a whole heap of effects that have been basically collected over many years, some will be available once they have been tested and I would greatly appreciate any pointers and advice you learned crowd can offer :D

Tip of the hat to Bart for this amazing site.
CandyappleKate

Postby RobSpears » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:25 am

Welcome Kate!
RobSpears

Postby rafmax » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:03 am

CandyappleKate wrote:Hi. I'm Kate from London, and it would appear I have landed at the right place.

definitely :)
upload as many vintage gear pictures as you want :mrgreen:
Welcome.
rafmax

Postby Graham » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:03 pm

EffectsDatabase wrote:
rom wrote:I used to be known in the old circles as Pedalman, those of you who are old enough will know who I was :)

Same here. And yes we do remember though if your memory is anything like mine maybe RAM would have been a better nom de plume!! :mrgreen:
Graham

Postby rom » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:30 pm

Graham wrote:
EffectsDatabase wrote:

Same here. And yes we do remember though if your memory is anything like mine maybe RAM would have been a better nom de plume!! :mrgreen:

lol, you know Graham. ... in the OOOOLD days, ROM meant your computer knew some stuff to start with :) -Read Only Memory-
nowadays it means nothing, as RAM, ie "I can learn anything and never remember it again the next day",
is all its about now XD
rom

Postby Graham » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:13 am

And I always thought the R stood for RANDOM only memory ha!!
Graham

Postby JapanJapan » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:08 pm

Hello folks,

Hope you are all having a stellar 2014 so far!

I'm Luke, one quarter of Iran Iran - http://iraniranmusic.bandcamp.com/

We play weird little math rock songs in undulating diminished 9s and other ridiculous time signatures. We're based in the UK and always on the hunt for an interesting gig or two.

I've been playing guitar for the best part of 15 years (I'm now 30...oh the woe) and have developed a taste for bespoke guitar effects and noiseboxes of all descriptions. My current gigging rig is as follows:

PRS Standard 24 20th Anniversary (Artist Pack w/Birds)
PRS CE22
TC Electronic Polytune
Pigtronix Philosopher King
Buzz Electronics Programmable 8 Way Looper
Eventide Pitchfactor
Infanem Second Voice Deluxe
MWFX Wave Machine
WMD Geiger Counter Civilian Issue
HBE Full Metal Jacket
MWFX Judder
Koma Elektronik BD101
Way Huge Supa-Puss
Hiwatt Hi Gain 50 2x12 Combo

Currently on the lookout for a Snazzy FX Wow & Flutter as well as a Hexe Revolver II.

I also make electronic music under the moniker Japan Japan but have taken a break from that to concentrate on recording with Iran Iran.

Thanks for reading!
Attachments
Me.jpg
And this is what I look like...
JapanJapan

Postby Mudfuzz » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:46 am

Hello and stuff! I'm Aaron, I like pedals and stuff ;)
Mudfuzz

Postby Ro_S » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:38 am

Hello, I'm new here. I have a problem with collecting too many effects pedals.
My effects collection, 'MyFXDB' listings: http://my.effectsdatabase.com/user/ro_s
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/RSguitarEFFECTS
Ro_S

Postby Ro_S » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:33 pm

p.s. I just wanted to say what a superb resource the Effects Database is, and thank you very much. I use it a lot and have done so for a number of years.

p.p.s Last night, I set up my MyFXDB lists. :)
My effects collection, 'MyFXDB' listings: http://my.effectsdatabase.com/user/ro_s
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/RSguitarEFFECTS
Ro_S

Postby EffectsDatabase » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:58 pm

Glad to hear that! :)

Welcome!
EffectsDatabase
Site Admin

Postby chankgeez » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:05 am

Some of you may recognize my screen name, some may not.

So it goes.

(I have purchased pedals from the Pedalman. Nice to see you here, Rom. Nice to see all of you here.)
chankgeez

Postby rom » Sun May 11, 2014 2:46 pm

chankgeez wrote:Some of you may recognize my screen name, some may not.

So it goes.

(I have purchased pedals from the Pedalman. Nice to see you here, Rom. Nice to see all of you here.)

welcome on this wonderful forum of like minded enthusiasts !
rom

Postby guitmatt » Wed May 21, 2014 8:29 pm

Hello,

My name is Matt. I stumbled my way over here. I see some familiar faces. Bart's passion for effects has provided me with a lot of information & education over the years. I am a musician that also maintains a "blue collar" gig. Glad to be a part of this.

Cheers !
guitmatt

Postby 0xdfx » Tue May 27, 2014 11:55 pm

Welcome Matt! There's a lot of familiar faces on here, it's a great forum, can be a little quiet at times so always good to have new members :-)
0xdfx

Postby chankgeez » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:46 pm

eva wrote:The radio frequency meter is the good device to us in the daily life,you can go to jammerll.com to have a look at

I think I love you anyway, eva, even though you seem to be a SPAMbot. :mrgreen:
chankgeez

PreviousNext

Return to Main Forum