The "Post Your Pedalboard" thread

Can be split up once there are more posts.
(lounge / effects / amps / vintage / ???)

Re: The "Post Your Pedalboard" thread

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:54 pm

New pedalboard setup. Smart and efficient. More room for twice the OBNE awesomeness. More room for twice the strymon timeline awesomeness. Pedaltrain Novo 24 replacing the PT2. Voodoo lab pedal power 4x4 replacing the pp2+ for much more elegant power cabling and therefore a lot less noise. My board is now absolutely quiet.
Chain is @tcelectronic polytune mini noir > effectrode PC2a compressor > INFANEM 141G fuzz > @blackartstoneworks pharaoh fuzz > @catalinbread wiio > @ernieball volume junior > @ehxnyc freeze for DRO))))))))NES > @oldbloodnoise black fountain > @oldbloodnoise procession > @strymon timeline with multi switch > eventide space > boomerang III looper. Pretty soon it I’ll feature a little bow that will allow me to patch fuzzes, modulations and delays from my little reservoir in the middle of the chain, allowing me to actually use them with the full setup.
Disarm D'arcy

Postby ak47 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:43 pm

Dang.. Long time no post!!! Life got in the way a bit but here are some One Control vids I have done.. First the beautiful One Control Sea Turquoise Delay:

Gibson Les Paul BFG - TC Electronic Polytune - One Control Purple Humper - One Control Baltic Blue Fuzz - One Control Strawberry Red Overdrive - Foxrox Paradox TZF2 - One Control Sea Turquoise Delay - TC Electronic Ditto – 1978 Hiwatt DR103 - Marshall 1960B 4x12 - Iphone 6S

ak47

The "Post Your Pedalboard" thread

Postby doanBass » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:42 pm

doanBass

Postby charlie_50watts » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:39 pm

I worked hard on this for a couple years (saving money, going without things).
The board itself is a Holeyboard, double-tiered, with a Walrus power supply that offers 15 ground-isolated taps.
You can see however that some pedals just insist on having their own designed power supply...still, TRY not to create ground loops.

There is a distortion palette of five different pedals. Two are amp-in-a-box (the EVH, and the Sabbra Cadabra...though
they are - and actually GREAT - distortion pedals in themselves - but they are meant to recreate the rigs of Eddie Van Halen and Tony Iommi of Black Sabbath)

That cocked wah (upper right) also has a sixth distortion built in.

I feel like I spent $3700, yet don't have all that many different effects!
There is flange, phase, delay...and an organ pedal.
I got a great tuner, and a good enough boost and EQ.
And because I'm in an apartment - so have to play through headphones -I have a pedal that creates feedback artificially (the 'Freqout')

And I got a pedal that does swells.

The best distortion on there is the 5150 (EVH).
It produces squank, and all the magic that happens when the string and fret don't completely touch.
It's killer.
So is that Wampler Velvet Fuzz,
with its tube emulation and sustain.

I could speak of the magic each and all of these pedals create, but you get the picture. It's love.
charlie_50watts

Previous

Return to Main Forum