[Pedal] Blues Pearl Blue Balls

Can be split up once there are more posts.
(lounge / effects / amps / vintage / ???)

Blues Pearl Blue Balls

Postby MustangMartigan » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:04 am

Hey, is there a difference in tone between the original Blue Balls pedal and the reissue? I remember playing one years back and was blown away by it's brutally heavy distortion. However, I recently bought the reissue and it sounds more like an OD. I'm curious if the design was changed for the reissue and I was playing the original back then or if the amp I played it thru was responsible for the tone.

Something's wrong with the pot for the level adjustment. It has no resistance, to the point where I could move the knob by simply blowing on it. Anyone know the specs for the level pot, incase I need to replace it? You can see that there's a nut.under each of the knobs; they need to be removed to.open the chassis. Are these nuts usually a standard size? Cuz it's looking like I need to buy a socket driver

Thanks.
MustangMartigan

Re: Blues Pearl Blue Balls

Postby EffectsDatabase » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:20 pm

I don't know... The reissue looks like it was made by Biyang, so it could just be an OEM version of a Biyang pedal...

Do you have gut shots of it?
EffectsDatabase
Site Admin

Re: Blues Pearl Blue Balls

Postby MustangMartigan » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:08 pm

EffectsDatabase wrote:I don't know... The reissue looks like it was made by Biyang, so it could just be an OEM version of a Biyang pedal...

Do you have gut shots of it?

Oh, really? The reissue isn't made by Blues Pearl? The originals are the two that have the three knobs lined up and the reissue has the 3 knobs in a V shape, ya? I have the later. I'll take a couple gut shots this weekend and post 'em, but I'm more curious about the difference in tone. Is the OG more of a brutally heavy dirt pedal and the reissue closer to an overdrive?
MustangMartigan

Return to Main Forum