Welcome!

Only manufacturers can post here

Welcome!

Postby EffectsDatabase » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:43 pm

Welcome to the Effects Database and Gearphoria Forum.

I have been thinking about a forum for years, but I didn't want to compete with other forums or divide the effects pedal community even more.

But it would add some interactivity to Effects Database:
  • Some questions are better answered by other people (here) than by me (by mail) :lol:
  • Threads researching pedals/brands can be used to collect and discuss data before it's added to the site.
  • Links from pedal/brand pages to related topics?
  • Bring together loyal contributors, friends, contacts,...
EffectsDatabase
Site Admin

A word about the forum from Gearphoria

Postby Gearphoria » Mon May 06, 2013 3:47 pm

Hey everyone...

Bart and I thought it a good idea to give a little background on our participation in this new forum. Talk of this effort began several years ago, back when Bart was looking to grow FXDB and I was looking to do the same for What’s That Dude Play?... and now Gearphoria. A forum was a plunge we weren’t sure either of us were ready for, given the attention required to make it an enjoyable place and the fact we both had (and still have) demanding day jobs.
We did elect to work together on a builder’s survey that many of you may have already participated in. This worked to give exclusive interview content to FXDB as well as further improve the accuracy of the database itself.
 Earlier this year, the topic of a forum came up again during a meeting at Winter NAMM in Los Angeles. We made no definitive decision at that time, but I think we both realized, for various reasons, the time was right. Bart began working on the integration process and I began thinking about ways to make the forum a top destination of gearhounds across the web.
While we were busy getting Gearphoria up and running, Bart did all of the groundwork and soft-launched the page. He soon asked if we still wanted in, and our answer was ‘Of course!’

So here we are today... at the FXDB/Gearphoria Forum. We will work over the initial months to make sure the overall forum takes shape with Bart’s vision... work out any kinks in the system and build our base membership. We hope this new forum is a daily destination for those looking to share and learn information about the latest in the world of effects pedals, amps and guitars... and more!

Welcome, everyone!

Blake Wright
Publisher/Editor-in-chief
Gearphoria Magazine
The guitar gear magazine you've been waiting for...
http://www.gearphoria.com
Gearphoria
Site Admin

Re: A word about the forum from Gearphoria

Postby mchad » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:47 am

Did I see pics on the web of hard copies of Gearphoria?

Nice!
mchad

Re: A word about the forum from Gearphoria

Postby Gearphoria » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:05 pm

You did. We printed up a very limited amount of Gearphoria #4... for a couple of reasons. First, I was damn curious to see how well it would translate to print. Second, I wanted to be able to show folks that just because it's a digital product doesn't mean it is not worthy of sitting on the magazine racks at your local book store. I took them to Summer NAMM and they were a hit! I think I got the point across. :mrgreen:
The guitar gear magazine you've been waiting for...
http://www.gearphoria.com
Gearphoria
Site Admin

Re: Welcome!

Postby SynapticGroove » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:55 pm

Having worked for a very large paper a decade ago, I can tell you that Blake's Gearphoria is top-notch! The layout is crafted with a passionate eye for detail, there is absolutely no fluff and the content is supremely crafted, researched and poured forth on the page like no other gear-related magazine we've ever read. It would be an honor to have printed copies all over the globe and very much worth reading!
co-founder/designer
SynapticGroove
www.synapticgroove.com
SynapticGroove

Postby Zeppelin Design Labs » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:59 pm

Gents: I'm trying to participate in / post on the Manufacturer's News forum but I cannot find a "New Topic" button... Is this forum Closed, or do I need a Permission? Thanks.
Zeppelin Design Labs

Postby viveksharma » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:59 am

hello
i'm new user.my name is vivek sharma and from uk and new user here.

regards
vivek sharma
viveksharma

Postby mucki_rothenrain » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:36 pm

Hi lovers of the metal boxes,

is there a way to link specific products becaus ethey are relabled that are not linkes yet?

thanks
mucki_rothenrain

Postby EffectsDatabase » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:55 pm

mucki_rothenrain wrote:Hi lovers of the metal boxes,

is there a way to link specific products becaus ethey are relabled that are not linkes yet?

thanks

I'm not sure what you mean, can you give an example?
EffectsDatabase
Site Admin

Return to Manufacturers news