[pedal news] H.E. to Release New Optical Compressor Very Shortly.

Only manufacturers can post here

H.E. to Release New Optical Compressor Very Shortly.

Postby heavyelectronics » Wed May 15, 2013 7:57 pm

First, I'd like to say I'm honored to be the first manufacturer to post here. Kudos to Bart for creating this forum.

As has been rumored, as a not so closely guarded secret, we have been diligently working away on an optical compressor. I'll save the bulk of the particulars for the release but I will include a couple of details for the group to digest.

The compressor will include features for Sustain, Threshold, Level and a Gain-Switch for an overdrive mode if desired. In addition to the bypass on/off indicator light, we've also included a compression indicator LED which shows you exactly what's going on with the compression response as you adjust the Sustain and Threshold controls. Lastly, we've made every effort to maintain the audio integrity and reduce the noise that compressors are often known for. To do this we've selected a high end Burr-Brown op-amp and a high quality vactrol (instead of the common "roll your own" method that many manufacturers are using).

MAP (Street-Price) will be $188.99

I'm very excited to get this pedal out to dealers so that you can start hearing these beauties.

I will keep everyone posted here as to when we create a shipping date. Right now we are waiting on a final shipment of enclosures to be set to go. My hope is to start shipping them by the end of May.

heavyelectronics

Return to Manufacturers news