Maestro Rover R0-1 (Value?)

Secondhand

Maestro Rover R0-1 (Value?)

Postby tollster » Thu May 28, 2015 3:08 am

Hope I found the right place, trying to find the value on a rare piece of history.
I have a Maestro Rover R0-1 rotating speaker, complete and working. Also in the case is the wiring diagram, and a song list from what appears to be hand written from a Freddy Fender show.
It belonged to my step father who pasted in 2004, and hasn't been touched until I got it out a few weeks ago, I took it to a place near by who I trusted, the owner does lighting and sound for Lou Gram.. He perform all testing and replaced a few diodes, the motor, and also rewound the speaker to the original specs. It still in the original case, but the case shows some wear.
Here is what I am talking about, I think mine is actually in better shape, but none the less wanted to show what it was.
I am thinking about putting it on ebay, but not sure about the minimum price. Its very rare and I can find little info on it, except that its a collector piece. Any ideas?
Thank you

http://www.vintageguitar.com/19478/maestros-rover-r0-1/
http://www.vintageguitar.com/special-fe ... e-effects/
tollster

Re: Maestro Rover R0-1 (Value?)

Postby anothergreenworld68 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:12 am

Hello Tollster,

is your maestro rover speaker still available ? I am looking for one. Did you say your tech replaced the motor ? Is the motor still variable speed ie not just a two speed setting, slow and fast ? What price would you be happy with ? I am in the UK but have friends in New Jersey and Los Angeles who you could ship to and then they can ship the unit onto me. I can pay by bank wire or paypal.

Many thanks in advance.

Best wishes.
anothergreenworld68

Postby SayRah » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:20 am

Hi - I sent you a private message as well - but you mentioned your guy replaced the motor? I'm really hoping you would please put me in contact with this guy? I need a motor for my unit, but haven't yet figured out what motor to use or who can work on it. THANK YOU!! Crossing my fingers you read this and contact me!
SayRah

Postby JamTurtle » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:33 pm

I just bought one of these from someone who didn't know what they had. Mine has the original case but is missing the footswitch, speed pedal and stand. I am looking for those items if anyone has these parts for sale.
Also looking for advice one what switches/pedals might work in their place. This thing sounds amazing, can't wait to really try it out soon both on my Gretsch guitar and my Vox organ.
JamTurtle

Postby EfefectDan » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:33 am

Are you still lokking for this items? Send me a private message.
EfefectDan

Return to For sale / for trade / wanted / seen