[Wanted] Earliest 20 watt Marshall PA Head model 1917 from '67

Secondhand

Earliest 20 watt Marshall PA Head model 1917 from '67

Postby Graham » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:41 pm

Rather stupidly I sold one of these including a pair of matched serial number pinstripe 2 x 10 cabs around ten maybe more years ago when moving over to the island full time. Preferring to keep a couple of later 20's as being better suited for guitar.

I've regretted that particular loss ever since! Though I do still have the other 20 heads (a lead and a lead and bass) along with appropriate speaker cabinets.

The actual version I'm after uniquely had no rear panel having both power (mini Bulgin) and speaker inputs on the front panel. I still have a pair of the correct cabinets but alas not the head.

You can see the head itself on page 41 and in colour on p190 of Doyle's excellent "History of Marshall" publication first printed July 1993. The latter reference shows it in the copied 1968 Catalogue although I beleieve they had actually stopped selling it by then... (Bound to get me in trouble with some folks hee or "there" eh? :D )

Anyway Id be keen to hear if anybody has or knows of one that might be available or could come available in the future. I always felt that the slightly late variants worked out better for straight guitar but all of the so called PA versions still sounded very nice, particularly when using a pedal or two. :mrgreen:

Thanks. Graham
Graham

Return to For sale / for trade / wanted / seen